Will I leave my wife a young widow? - The Times 21st January 2008

Monday, January 21, 2008

As a 43-year-old married father of three, I need sound guidance on effective methods of behaviour change. I have high cholesterol, am moderately overweight (probably obese) and a have history of heart disease in my family (my father died of a heart attack in his early sixties). With this in mind, and a loving wife who is always reminding me to get fit because, as she puts it, she does not wish to be a young widow, I know I must act now. I also know my lifestyle does not make me a good health role model for my children (the eldest is concerned about my weight). Every new year I pledge health resolutions and start well with a diet and exercise, but each year I end heavier than before – now I think this might be dangerous.

Link to Article

0 comments: